Indoor In-Person Worship at First UMC Graham resumed on Palm Sunday, March 28, 2021
9am The Well Contemporary Worship
11am Traditional Worship
We will continue to live into the protocols you are by now used to (hand sanitizer, wearing a mask, keeping physical distance from families not in your household). We can’t wait to see you! We will continue to livestream worship for those who desire to worship from home.
"On Lawn" Worship
Has been suspended for the cooler months.
Online worship will continue at 9am and 11am on Sundays with with our livestream worship services. Meetings continue being held via Zoom.
Due to concerns for the safety and health of our Playschool students and their families, as well as for the staff and their families, the Child Care Board of First United Methodist Church has decided to cancel all Playschool classes until the Fall 2021 Semester. For more information click here.
Members of our community should follow the guidance of the CDC, NCDHHS and Gov. Cooper.
- Stay home if you are sick!!
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water, and for at least 20 seconds each time, especially:
- after going to a public place
- after touching door handles, touch screens, gas pumps, ATM's, currency, tables and chairs
- after blowing your nose or sneezing.
- after using the restroom.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are ill.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Do not reuse tissue after coughing, sneezing, or blowing your nose.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that are frequently touched such as: doorknobs, light switches, cell phones, computer keyboards and mice, steering wheel, tv remotes, sink and toilet handles, appliances (refrigerator, microwave, oven, washer, dryer)
Piedmont Natural Gas - temporarily suspended service disconnects for non-payment.
Duke Energy - temporarily suspended service disconnects for non-payment.
Verizon Wireless - temporarily suspended late fees and service disconnects for non-payment until 05/13/20.
AT&T - temporarily suspended late fees and service disconnects for non-payment until 05/13/20.
Sprint - temporarily suspended late fees and service disconnects for non-payment until 05/13/20.
Spectrum - offering free wifi for households with K-16 grades who do not already have internet access. Installation fees waived. Good through 05/13/20.
Contact the Church Office at 336-226-4343 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions, need assistance with anything or just want to talk or pray with someone.
Love your neighbor
• Wash hands and practice social distancing
• Drop off food and supplies to older adults and those in isolation
• Give a phone call to those who are staying at home, use a phone tree if you have one
• Connect with community programs who are helping children who are out of school
• Support local restaurants and businesses
• Share your abundance if you’ve got extra from your stockpile
• Find ways to support and nurture health care workers through prayer and providing a place of
• Offer extra support to those in your community with mental health challenges such as depression
• Resist labeling people as overreacting or underreacting. Practice compassion.
• Remember that COVID-19 preparedness helps the most vulnerable.
• Share reputable information, not misinformation or rumor.)
Faith at home
• Create a sacred space at home to pray and meditate
• Start a regular prayer practice
• Do acts of service together at home, reaching out to those who need company
• Spend time outside, breathing in fresh air and listing reasons to be grateful
• Bake and break bread together — talk about the parable of the yeast
• Read the Bible at dinnertime (stumped? Pray a Psalm together, or read the Gospel of Matthew)
• Make a prayer chain with gratitude or prayer requests. Watch it grow every day.
• Help children to feel secure and safe
• Draw or color your prayer requests. Post pictures and share with others, or mail to those who are isolated.
• Sing a simple song or hymn together from your faith tradition.
• Blow bubbles or fly a kite. Let them remind you of the Holy Spirit that moves in mysterious ways
• Feed the birds to remember how God cares for creation
• Remember play can be a spiritual practice
If you’re anxious
• Practice a news fast. Turn off social media and news. Try looking at news only one time per day.
• Practice breath prayer
• Go outside and listen to nature sounds. Think about God’s creation.
• Practice Sabbath
• Practice acts of generosity
• Do body prayer or restorative yoga
• Start a gratitude journal or practice
• Make a prayer journal
• When you don’t have the words to say, light a candle instead (or turn on a battery operated one.)
• Make and use prayer beads