Job Description- Director of Discipleship Ministries
First United Methodist Church, 303 N. Main Street, Graham, NC 27253, 336-226-4343
The Director of Discipleship Ministries will work to plan, implement, and evaluate the ministry needs of 1) children ages birth through 5th grade and their families; 2) ongoing adult discipleship ministries of FUMC Graham.
This is a full-time position directly responsible to and supervised by the Senior Pastor.
Ministry Team Core Values:
FUMC Graham believes there are four key core processes vital congregational ministry and the "making of disciples." These values are summarized with SEND: Seeking, Engaging, Nurturing, & Deploying. We seek to make disciples who in turn make disciples. Each member of our ministry team seeks to use these core values in visioning, implementing, and evaluating each ministry area.
Spiritual/ Personal Qualities:
- Deep love for God and passion for working with children and their families.
- Passion for reaching those outside the church.
- A committed Christian, seeking to develop and grow in their own relationship to Christ.
- A person who leads by example and exemplifies a servant's heart.
- Creative, adaptable, of high integrity, flexible.
- Leadership experience working with children and adult leaders in a team ministry setting
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Must be able to support and work within the doctrinal standards of the United Methodist Church
- Able to work well with diverse personalities.
- Experience and desire to embody a holistic approach to ministry that includes worship, fellowship, study, service, and outreach.
Children's Ministries (Key responsibilities)
- The main staff liaison supporting the relationship between church and playschool.
- Plans, coordinates, and leads Chapel Time for playschool each week.
Children's Ministry Team:
- Work with the children’s ministry team in planning, implementing, and evaluating all children's programs. Program examples include Vacation Bible School, Summer Camp at Chestnut Ridge, Wiggle Worship, Nursery and Preschool Care, Children's Sunday, and Sharing Faith with the Children.
Discipleship Ministries (Key responsibilities)
Sunday School, LIFE Groups, Other Small Group and Christian Education Ministries
- Recruit and train new teachers and leaders.
- Work with pastor to assess and evaluate all discipleship ministries and identify areas for growth.
- Equip and assist groups and classes as needed with curriculum.
- Work with Evangelism team on children’s events.
Other General Responsibilities: Worship Team, Worship Planning, Conference Reports, Bulletin Announcements I Newsletter I Enews Communications, Safe Sanctuary, Member of Administrative Council.
Send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com